The Patient Services Sr. Manager provides leadership and direction for multiple areas providing overall patient services including but not limited to: patient scheduling, insurance verification, and referrals and authorizations. Responsible for managing resources to achieve financial and business objectives by creating efficient internal systems and controls, leading, evaluating and motiviating team members. Identifies and refines best practices in coordination with other dependent functional departments, i.e., provider relations, patient business services, quality and information technology.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops, communicates and implements established operating strategies to leverage the patient experience. Provides senior management with information and tools for strategic decision making and planning. Identifies designs and deploys resources to improve effectiveness and efficiency of patient service center operations and or clinic operations.
- Develops, implements and refines standardized policies and procedures to deliver superior patient experience and achieves operational efficiencies. Defines appropriate performance metrics to measure and improve team performance. Serves as leader to influence managers and team members to strive for continual service improvement. Forecasts staffing needs to meet established objectives.
- Establishes, manages and maintains strategic relationships with internal and external partners to support strategic business objectives. Regularly interacts with functional and management groups to communicate and clarify customer and payer requirements. Serves as liaison for organization, outside vendors, payers and customers to define and establish service and support requirements. Proposes changes or solutions to services for optimal business results and assists in organization change management and functions as internal consultant in analyzing business processes, assessing and defining customer specifications and requirements, proposing business solutions that prioritize technology and services needs to satisfy customer requirements, and provide facilitation solution, design, building and testing.
- Leads the migration to new technologies and serves as the strategic subject matter expert in partnership with IT and other functional departments for the purpose of defining solutions, service management, risk management and relationship management. Facilitates the planning and execution of business changes through the use of technology. Serves as a lead role in enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology. Communicates decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding project requests and initiatives.
- Provides strategic level support and guidance in development of ancillary services to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of overall department functional goals. Develops and implements core department and/or functional training initiatives for operational business continuance as well as core functional computer system related objectives and initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing specific functional area(s) of responsibility in customer service center or clinic setting required.
- Strong operations, business and systems knowledge. Healthcare Care industry knowledge required.
- Local travel is required.