BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Are you a Software Engineer who enjoys solving complex problems through innovation and disruption? Are you are looking for a global firm that recognizes that strength comes from diversity, but inclusion comes naturally? Are looking for a team who will embrace your skills, curiosity, and passion to experiment while also giving you the opportunity to grow both technically and as an individual through experience and education?
BlackRock is currently seeking the brightest engineering minds to solve the most complex financial challenges. At the heart of BlackRock is the Aladdin product that unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step in the investment process. As the world's largest asset manager with over USD $6 trillion of assets, we have the extraordinary responsibility of ensuring our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Join us in building and bettering solutions for both BlackRock and over 100 organizations who leverage the Aladdin ecosystem.
You like to:
* Build quality software in a host of languages such as Java, Python, Cassandra, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, and many other open source technologies
* Scale technology to meet the needs of tomorrow
* Be creative and learn constantly
* View analysis and delivery as a team sport
* 2+ years of practical experience in Software Engineering
* Hands-on experience working with Java and related technologies
* Experience in accessing and manipulating databases, with good understanding of SQL
* Deep understanding and strong sense of OOP principles and design
* Agile development skills
* Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies
* Ability and interest to learn other coding languages as needed
Want to learn more?
We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your rare skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow professionally and as an individual. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Associated topics: application, c++, develop, developer, devops, programming, python, sdet, software developer, software programmer