Position Summary: Drive a tractor-trailer combination or a truck with the capacity of at least 26,001 lbs, to transport and deliver materials in liquid, solid, or loose form. May be required to load and/or unload truck. Requires either a Current Class A Commercial Drivers' License.
Starting Pay $25 to $28 based on experience.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
* Perform all pre and post inspections on truck and trailer combinations or truck with the capacity of at least 26,001 lbs.
* Report all defects, accidents, traffic violations, and damage to the vehicles Perform the basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil, fuel, and radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
* Perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires and installing light bulbs, tire chains, and spark plugs.
* Operate the truck and trailer combination by performing and acknowledging all safety regulations as determined by FMCSA, OSHA, and the Company
* Lower/Raise trailer landing gear, using crank, to safely secure the vehicles.
* Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is accurate and complete.
* Maneuver trucks into loading and unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned
* Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, in order to transport, deliver, collect products and other materials.
* Use hoses, tools, and other equipment in order to collect and distribute materials.
* Read and interpret maps in order to determine vehicle routes.
* Couple and uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting and disconnecting air and electrical lines and manipulating fifth wheel locks.
* Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, i.e. dispatcher, area manager, or pusher, and verify instructions and routes.
* Operate equipment such as truck cab computers, CB radios, and telephones, as regulations deem appropriate and can be performed safely, to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, and other drivers.
* Load and unload trucks or assist others with loading and unloading, operating any special loading-related equipment on vehicles and using other equipment as necessary; roll and unroll tarps to cover open trailer Inventory and inspect goods to be moved, in order to determine quantities and conditions.
* Inspect loads after loading is complete, in order to ensure cargo is secure. Will involve climbing up/down ladder.
* Perform other duties as determined by area supervisor.
* Maintain driver logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations as determined by CFR Part 49.
* Obtain receipts or signatures when loads are delivered.
* Perform and acknowledge all safety regulations as determined by FMCSA, OSHA, and the Company when completing any and all tasks related to operations.
* Check vehicles daily before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
* Complete DVIR report daily (also tasked under maintenance)
* Complete monthly safety quizzes and trainings
* Identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
This position, at any time, may require you to travel outside of state lines. Management retains the right to revise your load pickups and drop-offs.
Associated topics: cdl a truck, company driver, company over the road, company truck, dedicated regional, flatbed driver, hazardous material, over the road company, regional driving route, time at home