Did you know that some of the industry s most talented and caring registered nurses are at DCI? Our nursing staff has helped DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row. We think our Nurses are pretty awesome; they make a difference in our patients' lives by helping them live longer and achieve a better quality of life.
Our mission is the care of the patient is our reason for existence. What s yours?
The Dialysis Home Training RN implements home training and follow-up of patients on monthly basis. Assists Nurse Manager in ongoing development of the home training program.Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the medical team, supervises the admission and transfer of patients from the home program.
- Coordinates home training sessions, clinic visits, patient care conferences, home visits, and educational activities to ensure efficient and productive use of nursing hours and program facilities.
- Creates and maintains appropriate records and documentation of the training and care of all patients in the program.
- Coordinates the home patients' prescriptions for dialysis supplies with the DCI Supply Company or other appropriate supplier.
- Keeps up-to-date with developing patient care issues in the dialysis and renal community related to home dialysis patients.
- Maintains effective communication with other members of the dialysis team involved with the care of home dialysis patients (e.g., nursing, pharmacy, laboratory, etc.).
- Provides home dialysis patients with safe and therapeutic care via the delivery of that care.
- Must be a registered nurse and must have at least 12 months' experience in providing nursing care
- Additional 3 months of experience in the dialysis special modality for which he/she will provide self-care training.
- Must maintain current license in the state as a Registered Nurse
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at [Click Here to Email Your Resum ] or 615-###-####. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see:
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, care unit, coronary, domiciliary, infusion, intensive care, intensive care unit, registed, surgery