We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach ? investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox is seeking a Vice President of Design for a new business that sits at the intersection of digital and physical. The person in this role will hire and manage a design team that collaborates with talented developers, product managers, and content creators on the overall product experience, and craft the product style guide based on brand/marketing inputs, user personas/value propositions, and professional expertise. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the successful candidate will have significant experience launching and growing consumer-facing digital media products. They will shine in a collaborative environment where strong opinions are held loosely, and take pride in developing customer experiences that are both seamless and elegant.
* Hire and lead/mentor/manage a team of UX/Product designers, while also contributing directly to product UX/designs at every level.
* Create and direct creation of user journeys, greyscale wires, gorgeous design comps, clickable prototypes, finished design product, and everything in between to contribute to a high velocity, iterative product development process.
* Work with multi-disciplinary teams including Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers, and Content Strategists.
* Partner with engineering to ensure designs are properly implemented.
* Collaborate with Marketing team on Brand style guide, and translate to a Product style guide that is extensible across multiple platforms.
* Establish and champion design thinking approach to new opportunities and challenges, collaborating intensely (and joyfully) with subject matter experts and customers.
* Take a data informed approach that leverages user feedback - quantitative and qualitative - in a constant quest for a better customer experience.
* Be a voice on the product leadership team, contributing well-formed thoughts about the overall product and business, not limited to design.
* Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, or design-related field or equivalent industry experience
* 10+ years of professional experience as an Experience Designer.
* 4+ years of people management experience.
* Excellent communication, active listening, and organizational skills
* Strong opinions held loosely - no ego/ability to change your mind based on new information
* Positive, Results-Oriented Attitude
* The EQ and experience needed to balance speed with excellence.
* Personal passion for fitness, wellness, and/or fit-tech
* Experience with high performance, streaming video products
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
* We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
* Complimentary Club membership
* 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Caf?' services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality