This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast paced, busy environment for a leading global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. This person may be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day activities of the analytical laboratory including responsibility for performing assays on biological samples from pre-clinical and clinical trials for pharmaceutical and biotechnology projects or performing assays on characterization of APls and raw materials. Responsible for ensuring that all analytical data reported are reliable.
Overview of the Role
* Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which centres around our commitment to People, Clients and Performance
* As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
* Must make and document scientific observations and identify and solve problems in experimental designs independently
* Keeps manager and Project Leaders informed of study status, technical problems and other issues which impact the laboratory
* Independently interprets data to solve practical problems and isolate variables in situations where troubleshooting problematic assays or unanticipated failures is required and proposes next steps including implementation of effective CAPA.
* Advises and supports more junior scientists and the laboratory managers and project leaders when deviations or factors at may affect quality, accuracy and usefulness of the data occurs.
* The desire and ability to document results of test samples that include performing statistical analyses, identifying repeats or next trier analysis needs based on SOPs and other guiding documents.
* Document all work and results accurately, completely and in compliance with GXP regulations and SOPs.
* Plans daily, weekly and monthly activities based on goals and timelines established by supervisor for scheduled projects
* Work in compliance with Study Plans and validation plans.
* Generate high quality analytical results.
* Designs, directs and participates in equipment (and software) validations/calibration/maintenance as necessary
* Participates in internal seminars and poster sessions, and local and regional scientific meetings in own field as necessary to continue professional development and to distribute such knowledge to colleagues
* Assist in training new staff members in performance of routine lab tasks, methods and instruments
* Develops and mentors less experience lab members - encourages growth and provides regular performance feedback to staff and management
* Responsible for participating in the design, execution and review of the on-boarding and training process
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently on routine analysis.
* Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point).
* Ability to undertake tasks with minimal supervision.
* Good organizational skills and record keeping ability.
* Strong attention to detail
* Minimum 3 years lab based biotechnology/biology/chemistry/biochemistry experience
* Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline or local equivalent is preferred
Benefits of Working in ICON
Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive benefits package. This varies from country to country so a dedicated recruiter will discuss this with you at interview stage.
We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.
Following your application you will be contacted by one of our dedicated recruiters and if successful we will be able to provide you with more details about this opportunity.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Associated topics: bio, biochemistry, biomedical, bioprocess, biosynthetic, enzyme, metabolic, molecular, neurodegenerative, parenteral