The Publishing Operations group seeks a Reprint Production Manager to provide support to the Random House division. This position will be responsible for all aspects of book production after the initial printing is completed.?
Specific responsibilities include:
* Ensuring that accurate purchase orders are completed and issued to component printers and binderies in a timely manner.
* Making sure that components, special order materials and paper deliver to the bindery so that delivery dates are held.
* Being diligent in checking and maintaining accurate book specifications in SAP.
* Working with Managing Editorial, Design and/or vendors to ensure corrections are processed correctly and on time.?
* Preparing estimates that accurately reflect the book specifications?or thoughtfully considered variations of specs that may be shown to reduce costs or save time due to schedule constraints.
* Inspecting printed samples to ensure that the PRH quality standards are consistently met.
* Experience with overseas book manufacturing and scheduling is a plus.
Please apply if you meet the minimum requirements:
* 5+ years of experience as a production manager is required.???
* A strong knowledge of book specifications, materials and manufacturing processes is required.
* Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge of SAP, Excel, and InDesign is a plus.?
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.?Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Company:?Penguin Random House LLC?
Country:?United States of America?
City: New York?
Job ID:?30626Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children?s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.? In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.? Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children?s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. ?More information can be found at?
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: binder, bindery, cutter, cutting, collate, staple, print finisher, print finishing, stitch, stitcher