Supervisor of Day Treatment Social Work
St Catherine's Center for Children offers a comprehensive range of programs designed to offer hope, foster growth, and improve the lives of the children and families we serve.
The Supervisor of Day Treatment Social Work Services is responsible for the development and delivery of social work services in the Day Treatment Program and supervises Day Treatment social work staff. The Supervisor of Day Treatment Social Work Services coordinates the scheduling of clinical consultant delivered services. The Supervisor is a member of the Day Treatment Management Team, under the leadership and supervision of the Director of Day Treatment Services.
Duties And/Or Responsibilities:
- Supervises a professional staff of social workers for the Day Treatment Program.
- Oversees delivery of individual, group, family treatment, and case management services by social workers in the Day Treatment Program.
- Ensures the quality and compliance with agency and OMH regulations for the treatment planning and delivery process by social work staff, including the process related to aftercare and arranging services in the community prior to discharge.
- In conjunction with the Human Resources Manager and the Day Treatment Management Team, hires all social work staff for the Day Treatment Program.
- Provides supervision consistent with the mission, philosophy and the explicit requirements of the agency and program.
- Conducts annual performance evaluations for the staff he/she supervises.
- Manages social workers' caseloads by assigning new cases and directs their daily activity.
- Provides consultation and technical assistance to social workers in diagnosis, treatment planning and ongoing delivery of clinical services.
- Empowers social workers to be active participants of the interdisciplinary treatment and care plan teams.
- Assures the quality and compliance of the clinical record, ensuring completion and quality of progress notes, periodic assessments, care plans and other paper work required of staff as directed by program policy and state regulatory agencies.
- Provides clinical consultation to the treatment and care plan teams.
- Functions as direct service social worker for children and families as needed in the Day Treatment Program.
- Coordinates the scheduling of clinical consultant delivered services.
- Assures that treatment coordination occurs between Day Treatment and Residence staff and treatment teams so that there is integrated service planning resulting in one treatment plan for the children and families who belong to both programs.
- Participates in weekly Day Treatment Management Team meetings
- Actively contributes to a program climate that encourages respect among all staff and the integrity of the interdisciplinary team process
- Along with the social worker, ensures parent/family participation in treatment.
- Reviews all incident reports and ensures follow up for Serious Incidents with regard to social work staff.
- Is responsible for maintaining agency personnel practices for those in his/her charge.
- Attends and participates in all required trainings.
- In conjunction with the Day Treatment Management Team and the Director of Training and Professional Development, ensures provision of meaningful orientation and training for all social work staff.
- Participates in the development and accomplishment of the agency's Strategic Plan.
- Develops, implements and participates in department on-call schedules.
- Performs other duties and supervisory responsibilities as assigned.
- The Supervisor of Day Treatment Social Work Services functions under the supervision and direction of the Director of Day Treatment.
- The Supervisor supervises the social work staff of the Day Treatment Program.
- The Supervisor is a member of the Day Treatment Management Team.
- Works in an interdisciplinary manner with all Day Treatment staff in a shared decision making model.
- The Supervisor is a member of Management Forum and works collaboratively with other agency staff, teams and committees.
- Masters in Social Work with New York State LCSW certification.
- Six years of clinical social work experience with children and families.
- Experience with mental health and education/special education services preferred.
- Experience in supervision preferred.
- Valid New York State driver s license.
- Emotional stability with the capacity to separate personal issues from work related issues.
- Mobility, in terms of home visits to client homes and to make other off-site contacts with referring agencies, collaborative agencies, residential sites, foster homes, etc.
- Ability to relate to a wide range of people. This includes but is not limited to a broad range of people who are culturally and socio-economically diverse, as well as people with various developmental and functional levels.
- Ability to carry out written documentation as required by St. Catherine s policy and as required by regulating agencies that have oversight responsibility for St. Catherine s programs.
- Ability to diagnose and assess the strengths and needs of the children and families referred to St. Catherine s Center for Children.
- Ability to treat children using the modalities of individual, play, family and/or group therapy, according to the treatment modality that best meets their needs.
- Ability and willingness to maintain state-of-the-art information regarding clinical issues including determinants of emotional/social disturbance in children.
- Ability to carry out Therapeutic Crisis Intervention strategies.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in therapeutic programming for families.
- Ability to organize and effectively manage in a timely fashion the varied tasks of the position.
- Ability to perform well under crisis conditions.
- Ability to lead and inspire confidence in those supervised as well as those who collaborate on a peer level.
- Ability to understand, communicates, represent and carry out the mission, values, philosophy and policies of St. Catherine s Center for Children.
- Ability to work effectively in a shared decision making model as a team member.
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to work flexible hours, outside of scheduled work hours.
REQ NUMBER MAY-19-00002
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.recblid 9n0bvp33vd4s8d7d1od8ysuziths3r
Associated topics: advocate, behavioral, behavioral health, clinician, counselor, family, forensic, lmsw, social service, youth